This policy affects your legal rights and obligations so please read it carefully. If you have any questions please contact us. Our contact details are written below.
- "The University of Plymouth" - University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth PL4 8AA.
- "We" - The University of Plymouth.
- "Us" - The University of Plymouth.
- "UoP" - The University of Plymouth.
- "Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry Virtual Tours" - The Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry Virtual Tours mobile and/or web application (Web).
Address: University of Plymouth (TELMeD), C517 Portland Square, Drake Circus, Plymouth, Devon, UK PL4 8AA
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone: +44 1752 586821
When you contact us by email or post, we may keep a record of the correspondence and we may also record any telephone call we have with you.
Data that we collect
Data that you provide us
Data we collect automatically
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry Virtual Tours will communicate with us over the web as you use it.
We may collect the following data for each message:
- The IP address of the device using Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry Virtual Tours.
- Time and date of the communication.
- The web address that was used.
- Any errors that occured and what type of error happened.
- The unique ID number of the device you are using.
- Technical information about your device such as the type of device, web browser or operating system.
- Any preferences and settings such as time zone and language.
- Statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns.
It helps us choose which parts of Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry Virtual Tours need improvement and when we dedicate development time to solving issues. It helps us decide when and where to dedicate computing power so that we can keep the service running smoothly. It also helps us find patterns as to when people are attacking Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry Virtual Tours and where they may be attacking from so that we can solve any issues they are trying to exploit.
We collect this data using cookies as described below and inside our server logs.
All personal data that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate. We will keep a record of any data that is proved to be inaccurate or false.
Cookies & Local Storage
Sometimes we need to store small pieces of data on your device. Cookies and Local Storage are the two ways that we do that.
To provide you with personalised content.
- We store your user preferences, language, device and browser data so that we can personalize the content you see.
- The data that we store helps us confirm that you are currently logged in to Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry Virtual Tours.
You may be asked to give personalized and/or anonymous feedback. Feedback is completely optional but is used to help us determine why something isn't as good as it should be and our statistics can't point us toward an answer. We collect a summary of what observations were made and our conclusions.
It is necessary for our legitimate interests to use your personal data to send you marketing communications, which may include newsletters, blog posts, surveys and data about changes and updates to Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry Virtual Tours.
You can choose to no longer receive marketing communications by contacting us or clicking unsubscribe from a marketing email. If you do unsubscribe to marketing communications, it may take up to 15 business days for your new preferences to take effect. We shall therefore retain your personal data in our records for marketing purposes until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us.
Lawful processing of your data
We will use your personal data in order to comply with our contractual obligation to supply to contact you with any data relating to Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry Virtual Tours and to support your usage of Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry Virtual Tours in accordance with any requests you make and that we agree to, and to deal with any questions, comments or complaints you have in relation to Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry Virtual Tours.
We may also use your personal data for our legitimate interests, including dealing with any customer services you require, enforcing the terms of any other agreement between us, for regulatory and legal purposes, for audit purposes and to contact you about changes to this policy.
In order to keep your data safe we ... :
- Encrypt our services using SSL.
- Restrict access to personal data to employees of the University of Plymouth and the University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust. Accessing personal data is given to individuals who are contractually obligated to maintain confidentiality and fair use obligations.
- Review how we gather, process and store data.
However, you acknowledge that no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take these steps to secure your personal data, we do not promise that your personal data will always remain completely secure.
When we share your data
We may pass your data to third parties as follows:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- we may pass your personal data to our employees and agents to administer the services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- some general statistical data about the website and App user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties but these details will not include data personally identifying you; and
- we may disclose your personal data to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of any terms and conditions otherwise relating to you or otherwise where required by law and we will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of or locate anyone breaching any terms and conditions or otherwise for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
We do not pass or sell your personal data to third persons for any other purpose than those set out above.
Where we hold and process your personal data
Some or all of your personal data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Union (the EU) for any reason, including for example, if our server is located in a country outside the EU or if any of our service providers or their servers are based outside of the EU. We shall only transfer your personal data to organisations that have provided adequate safeguards in respect of your personal data.
You have the right to obtain from us a copy of the personal data that we hold for you, and to require us to correct errors in the personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You also have the right at any time to require that we delete your personal data. To exercise these rights, or any other rights you may have under applicable laws, please contact us.
Please note, we reserve the right to charge an administrative fee if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
If you have any complaints in relation to this policy or otherwise in relation to our processing of your personal data, you should contact the UK supervisory authority: the data Commissioner, see www.ico.org.uk.
If any provision of this policy is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
This policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales, and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
You are responsible for regularly reviewing this policy so that you are aware of any changes to it. If you continue to use Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry Virtual Tours the time we state the changes will take effect, you will have accepted the changes.